- Why I'll Never Be Able to Translate to English All the Implied Respect in a Korean Document
- What It Means for Korean to Be Taller and Skinnier than English
- Don’t Get Too Obsessed About Translating Plurals in Korean
- Koreans and “We”!
- English Acronyms Can Drive You Crazy in a Korean Translation
- Korean Has a Very Special Use for the Tilde
- I Dare You To Do a Global Search-and-Replace in Korean After Reading This
- PLEASE Make Your Layout Person Read These Rules about Korean-Language Layout
It’s hard to believe I’ve already written sixteen tips to help clients and other readers improve their Korean translations.
Anyway, here are the last eight tips in one place:
And, following up on the mistranslations I’ve already shown you both in the Korean versions of Microsoft Windows 7 and Google Android, here’s one more from Microsoft… and this one's a doozie! (Wait… STOP THE PRESSES: I discovered yet ANOTHER Korean translation error from Microsoft… this time in Windows 8!)
Finally, if you missed any of the first eight tips, you can get them here.